Saturday, July 3, 2010

I started writing this blog because I was searching for myself. I wanted to have a reason. I look back now and realize that it all has to do with my angel. My mother has always stood firmly by me. She hoped the best. It was hard, as she, herself never had such. I was born in a city that like other cities produces characters who are so very similar to actors. I grew older sooner. I walked over the line more often then not. She, my mom still stood there. Mothers do that. I wandered far far away. It is her blessing that I was able to do so.
Her Bronx was not good enough for her sons. We talk 6000 miles apart these days. She hugs me tightly. The flowers that bloom daily outside in this tropical Disneyland are her gift. I realize that now. My Hawaiian nights are her gift. Thank you Mom!

1 comment:

  1. The simple image of mother and son together forever is quite beautiful, but the contrast with the vibrant and exceptionally detailed description of the steps that build this connection is what makes this excerpt come alive and all at once sounds utterly unreal and completely identifiable at the same time... amazing

    ReplyDelete