Friday, March 26, 2010


As you may already know, I am a product of the Bronx. I was raised there, at 1917 Walton Avenue. It was one of those 5 story walk-ups. The neighborhood was predominantly Jewish. We, meaning my family were not. We were among a handfull of gentiles in the community. The Jerome Avenue Elevated train passed directly in back of our apartment building.... living by the tracks you might say. It was a screeching, rumbling sound that in time became white noise. I never liked it there. I had early dreams of exit. The images that accompany this narrative are pieces of my own art work. My grandfather was my inspiration, as he painted with oils in a small room/studio in our apartment. He saw something in me and handed me my first brushes......THANKS GRANDPA!
So it is my intention to tell my story and share my art........Enjoy

1 comment: