Friday, June 4, 2010

Boys Night Out

My visit to the Lindt chocolate factory was now behind me and dreams of Ursla had faded with a few beers. I decided to send the deluxe box of Lindt chocolates to my mother in New York. She had the sweet tooth and knew she would delight in this gift. I recall how we would go to this wonderful shop on Fordham Road in the Bronx and she would buy small quantities of assorted chocolates. She would buy me cashews, my favorite. After mailing the package I continued on to Zurick via the train. Upon arrival, I found my friend Peter. He was there at the designated corner with another guy. "Aloha Charles. How was your day? Corsa this is Charles." "Nice to meet you Corsa. My day was fun. I went on this tour of the Lindt factory."  I filled them in on the sexy tour guide and my fantasy chocolate coated love affair with her. "That's hilarious." "I know but can you imagine making love in a vat of chocolate?... Oh well I'm crazy." "It's what we like about you. We're crazy guys too. So let's get crazy tonight. We are going to the old town. You will like it. Come on we go across that bridge!" "So Corsa what do you do?" "I am an architect like Peter." "So tell Charles what you are doing." "I am designing hot air balloons." "Serious?" Corsa went on to explain. He had met this exceptionally rich guy from St. Moritz who for a hobby flew in hot air balloons. When he found out that Corsa was an architect he asked if he might come up with a few out of the ordinary balloon designs. "I thought this guy was pulling my leg. I played with the idea and showed him a couple of sketches. He liked this dragon one and offered me employment as his balloon designer. Crazy, yes?" "I'd say." "I've done three different ones now and he has flown them at various rallies. Now he just bought some castle in Scotland and he has some horse stables he wants me to design. We fly there next week." "Cool, man!" "There are so many old money guys in Europe. They have nothing better to do with their time, and the money is great." Having crossed the bridge we were now in the old section of Zurick. The streets were narrow and the buildings had been there forever. We entered a restaurant/bar and had beers and a variety of sausages. Having attained a beer buzz we ambled on to a disco that peter said was really happening. Lots of young people stood in line at the entrance, but Peter was on a first name basis with the burly fellow who stood behind the roped doorway. We bypassed the lineup and entered. This techno beat music reverberated as strobe lights sent out florescent blue and red lines in dissecting patterns. At the bar Peter introduced Samantha, and Corsa, Rebecca. "So you are Charles. Peter has talked much about you. This is my good friend Twyla!" A round of shots and beers appeared. A chorus of "Aloha...Cheers" ensued. Twyler grabbed my hand and led me to the dance floor.
 Peter, Samantha, Corsa and Rebecca twirled, jumped and pumped along with us.
Ribbons of morning sunlight crossed the bed. Black tosseled locks fanned over her face buried in the pillow beside me......  

No comments:

Post a Comment