Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Sweet Thing

Peter had left early and Kate had things to do in the city as well. I walked Kate to the railway station and she told me what train I could catch to get into Zurick. "Peter will meet you at this stop at five this evening." "Thanks Kate, have a nice day." I decided to meander in the direction of the city. I proceeded along past shops and buildings greeting passersby with "Guten Morgen", one of the few greetings I knew. It was received with smiles and the same words. I continued on my merry way crossing from side to side along the boulevard. I looked at some of the boats docked along the shore and gazed into store windows. I then noticed before me a large factory that took up the entire block.
It was the famous Lindt chocolate factory. At the entrance a quite lovely woman was standing in a form fitting blue skirted suit and gold Lindt pin on the lapel. "Guten Tag", she said as I was in front of her. "sorry I don't speak German." "Oh...Good afternoon then." Yes, it was about afternoon already. "Hi, how are?" "Fine thank you. Would you like to join us in a tour today?" "I'd join her anywhere", I thought..."Yes sure, love to." "You fill out the group. We like twenty persons". I was following her into the lobby. She had a very elegant yet sexy walk. "Hello and welcome to Lindt. My name is Ursla. If  you please follow me." The group consisted mostly of older folks and a few kids. We were ushered into an auditorium where we viewed a rather bad movie about Lindt history and founders. As the lights came back on I thought about making an escape. "Ladies and Gentlemen"...Ursla was standing again right in front of me..."If you'd follow me again I will take you into our factory. Please this way." My thought, "Okay sweetheart, anywhere". "Those stainless tanks deliver the melted chocolate through those pipes over to there....." I known there were all sorts of white coated people doing this and that along the way,

but I was totally absorbed in hips, red lips, and green eyes. The most magical moment was when Ursla put a cherry bon bon with liqueur directly into my mouth. Walking through a large set of steel doors we were once again in the lobby area. "Thank you so very much for visiting with us today and please accept our deluxe box of Lindt Chocolates!" She put a box in my hand and before I could say anything at all was down the line and gone. I stood aside and hoped she might magically reappear. With a feeling of desertion I entered a lakeside bar, ordered a beer and daydreamed as what could have been. Making love in some chocolaty spot somewhere in the factory.....I don't even like chocolate. "Bartender! I'll have another." 

No comments:

Post a Comment