Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Danke!

So here I am in Baden, Austria. I'm here in Europe because of the generosity of a new found friend. He, without knowing changed my whole way of making a living. I had never envisioned the vacation rental business nor becoming a windsurfer. Peter was the first to stay in my house on Noholani Street. It was he who gifted me my first windsurfing equipment and taught me the basics. And now here I stand some nine thousand miles from my island home visiting with people I met on the beach. What is also so very interesting is seeing these people in their own worlds without the Hawaiian board shorts and tanned bodies. But those very elements are our common denominator without which I would not be here. It isn't the New York me but the Maui me that has opened these doors. I'm beyond lucky. "Who woulda thought?"
I'm waltzing down streets steeped in history. Beethoven wrote music here. That bath house has soothed the tired bodies of men and women for centuries. 
This woman's ancestors probably sold produce in this same spot for ages. "Danke!"

No comments:

Post a Comment