Friday, April 30, 2010

AAAAAAA....................GOOMBAH!

It's another shitty day in paradise. Work is a little slow today so I'm sitting on the fender of my car outside soaking in some rays. My shirt is off and the sun feels good. Up the drive comes this red Mercedes convertible. The driver is this stocky guy in a bright aloha shirt and straw panama. A busty bleached blonde is giggling next to him "oh Joey knoc id orf." My ears perk at the east coast dialect.  Joey gets out. He's wearing red shorts same color as the car,  espadrilles, and black socks. She steps out in lilac pedal pushers , jeweled high heel sandals, and a white midriff blouse, her not too slight belly exposed. I throw on my teeshirt and make it to the entrance door just before them. "Aey Dottie dis muss be da place, you Charlie?" His flat hand slaps my back as I'm holding the door open. "Got time for two? Louie sent us." "Yes I have time right now, but Louie?" "Oh year Doctor Nizzoli to you." "Oh yes." "Ya don't mind, do me first, a littal orf da sides and a shave, wadya say? By da way nice littal joint ya got ear." Dottie pecks Joey on the cheek and places herself into a chair. From her pocketbook she withdraws a silver cigarette case and places one in between her lips. I light her smoke and offer her some wine. She rapidly crosses her legs and shuffles through the magazines next to her. "The vino, nice touch kid! Year the Misses and me are out ear kinda checkin the action...know wha I mean?" Joey offers little more about himself.  He makes subtle references to the street and "friends a mine", enough said. In quick order I give him his trim and return the straight edge to the Barbercide jar, powder his neck and wave the babe into my chair. "Honey, just a shampoo and blow dry...trying to grow it out, OK sweetheart?" She didn't say much but kept shifting from one side to the other as she thumbed the magazine.The simple shampoo, blow dry, took an hour and a half. "Charley give me one of ya cards. He peels off a couple of hundreds from his wad ...see ya later"...he points his finger at me...gotta love it...remember me , I am gonna remember you four sure. You got talent baby, we will talk later." The red Mercedes reverses and two hands wave from its windows as they drive off. 
Well I do have this idea.
Cheap but good haircuts.
A chain.
I could train.
This might be the guy....."AAAAAAA.....GOOMBAH 
I played Dion and the Belmonts and remembered Arthur Avenue
Pizza
Veal and pepper heroes
Joey came from such a neighborhood...I know it.
Kinda reminds me of another guy I met....Guido....while I was working as a teenager at Adolf's. Anyhow, that's another story... 

No comments:

Post a Comment