Friday, April 9, 2010

CHANCES ARE!

One never knows what is to be found around a corner or down a new path. It was such an event as I made my now usual pit stop at Pua Akamoa. The sky was so very cloudless and my waterfall was a tranquil trickle. I made my way up the side of it and dove into the pool below. Refreshed, I headed upstream. Yet another pool was before me. Two other people were there. They were lying on the rocks in the nude. Each turned as they heard my approach. The older of the two was a rather large man with a mustache and potted belly. The other a young man lean and darker. The elder waved and in his eye I noticed a twinkle. Turning back was my first impulse but the hand gestured to join. Having inched forward to an accompanying rock chaise I too removed the bathing suit feeling no shame. In Eden such is acceptable. I turned a corner and found kindred spirits. This chance encounter was to evolve into a lasting friendship....preordained I now believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment