Monday, April 19, 2010

LADIES NIGHT

IT'S LADIES NIGHT
STARS ARE BRIGHT
The usual magic is in the air. With my favorite dancing shoes and a few joints, I got into my truck and set off up the hill to Makawao. The parking lot at Polli's has a perfect empty spot awaiting. It is eight thirty and the dinner crowd has diminished. The bar has one empty stool and a handful of Portuguese cowboy types hoisting beers and offering their hearts to the laughing bar maid. I have a couple of beers, say very little, then return to my truck. A slight rain falls as I replace my slippers with those shoes, light a joint, take several hits, then slide across the street. The once, Makawao Steak House has re-birthed as bar/restaurant/disco. The cow town exterior remained constant, but the interior was reinvented several times - Piero's, Lhongi's, Casanova's. The long polished bar at this early hour was not yet full. As was my custom, I joined those there seated. Getting to know bartenders is a good thing. Casual chatter and good tipping serve well. "Heineken, please"... four maybe five. Now ten, the crowd began. Soon, a line would form and a bouncer/doorperson would handle entrance and exit. It was Ladies Night. I relocated to a table, dance floor edge. It offered a commanding view of the entry way. Ladies in groups of three and four sashayed in, guys eyes all over them, mine as well. The DJ assumed his position and the voices and clinking glass sounds were lost to loudspeakers. Pulsating rhythm. toe tapping, table top finger drumming and the here and there goddess dancers, but no one on the floor. Selection having been made, I found my way to a table of four. The least flashy of the lovelies was the one I asked - "wanna dance?" "No one is out there", her timid reply. "Well can I buy you a drink?" She hadn't even answered as I placed another of her kind before her. "The music is good... are you sure?" My hand out stretched, her eyes walked upwards and met mine. "Oh, why not". I love those moments. Women have a way of following. With just a little coaxing, we did this sexy thing. The floor was filling now. One dance begot two. The rest of the night was easier; lots of drinks and dance partners. Round about one Mandie draped her arm over my shoulder and we drove to my place. Soul-slow, wine and pot, we danced into each other. Tropical rain melodies, sweet morning eyes... 

No comments:

Post a Comment