Thursday, April 22, 2010

"it all shines on"

When shit happens, it really does!
        I awoke
rubbed yesterday away,...or --was it today?
Stumbled about and threw the bottles away. Piano-man was a heap; hands still out-stretched  upon his keyboard. Mick was pacing about. He held a guitar in his hand and was doing this air-strum sort of thing. I swear...his eyeballs were glowing in  another world.
threw some portagee sausage in the fry pan with an assortment of veggies. The rice-cooker glowed readiness. Two madmen fumbled into the food. God!...it was 4 in the afternoon. Piano-man poured another vodka drink. Gravel outside, announced new arrivals. The knock was from a smallish guy with red rimmed glasses. His accompanist, a down to the waist long haired type. "This the place?" Did someone call....who would remember. In long disoriented movements all of us unloaded drums and guitar from the white van. The Baby Grand was happy, it had friends; out'a nowhere. They rested in the moment. A mix of Rockers appeared as of out of the blue. The street filled with every vehicle imaginable. Inaccessibility was now truth. Electric sounds connected to Coconut Wireless. 'Bout 10PM every colorful soul had found his or her way . I held a microphone in my hand and pranced_______my Rock n Roll shout.. shout. This bare chested Red Head cast her spell before me. On and On    I remember IN AND OUT MOMENTS. "Come on Baby----Rock n Roll never Forgets." We all shined on. "If you want my Body....let me know!" 2 total strangers "Never mind Sugar   tell me    so    if ya really mean it   touch ME   as long as ya want to fly   we'll fly   no place we can't go   east   west"   WE DID. Rock down...Electric Avenue! Taking it higher....out into the beyond.........     

No comments:

Post a Comment