Friday, May 28, 2010

The Morning After...

"Aufstehen mein Freund ist es an Nachmittag. Wir werden die Stadt Fahrrad. Es ist en herrlichen Tag. Sie haben noch einen Kater haben Sie?"
"What was that?" I opened my eyes with Peter standing over me with a broad smile on his face. "I said you should get up. It is already afternoon and we are going to ride to the village on our bikes. I also asked if you have a hangover." "Okay...I feel fine. I need a quick shower." "Yeah sure we will wait for you, no hurry." As we were headed to town a picture entered my mind. It looked rather like this.


"That was certainly on hell of a night". "You were funny Charles." Peter told me how I had shown everyone how to do "Shoot the Moon". Kate chimed in, "It was great, so funny...Remember? We all went outside and dropped our pants and shot the moon. We will never forget." Everyone was laughing as we rode the bicycles into town.
It was all Hansel and Gretel to me. The fountain in the middle of town and the buildings that lined the streets all appeared as if from a story book. We settled into a cafe and and sipped coffee and ate strudel. We then continued to stroll around. 


I picked up some bread at la boulangerie, pork sausages at la charcuterie and cigarettes at le tabac.
It was a leisurely ride back to the house where we all took a cat nap. A few hours later George suggested we take his boat out upon the lake.
  Kate sunned upon the deck of the sailboat as I perused the scenery from the cockpit. This day here in Cudrefin had been yet another magical mystery tour.

No comments:

Post a Comment