Monday, May 24, 2010

DREAMERS/DOERS

"So, Charley, it wasn't exactly as we might have thought. I for one thought it might have gone farther." "So much for thinking!" "Yes." The day had been a hurried shut down of the Hawaiian/ Chinese museum and my @theunderground gallery. Mr. Ling had his rug pulled from under him. It was a reaction to time and circumstance. The bubble had burst. The Japanese philanthropist had gone beyond his means. Lawyers had whispered in his ear..."You need to forgo that donation." The building that housed our dreams was sold. "You had a good run." "Yes, I did." "Well I did too." We sat there sipping vodka cocktails and viewing another great sunset. "It's all in the doing." "We accept the moment, you and I." "I'll drink to that." All the artifacts returned to his garage. The art was in the hands of those who created it. The sun was dropping into the sea. Two dreamers, Mr Ling and I sat, loving the splendor of the moment. Nothing was lost. Sharing the idea of dreams we had in common. "I got this offer to lecture on the cruise ships." "I am going to do a remodel in Kaneohe ." Even just an instant of doing your dream is way beyond not doing it at all." "Thanks, Jimmy." "Great sunset".
 

No comments:

Post a Comment